Nutella Sea Salt Cookies
What is that one ingredient that makes your baked products great? A lot of love? Yeah, maybe... But a pinch of salt adds a unique dimension to desserts. It accentuates and elevates the taste of chocolate to another level. Trust me once you add salt to anything you are baking, you're going to keep using that trick all your life. I know I have.
I found out about this long long back when I was an aspiring baker. Just out of school, I would read through so many baking blogs. I literally had a folder full of 100 recipes that I wanted to try. Sigh... This flashback was really something. Mostly because I am where I've always wanted to be. Baking every single day of my life. I have no clue what it is about Baking that really pulls me towards it and keeps reeling me in even today. The failures, the wasted cakes, the overly hard cookies, the not-at-all-risen loaves of bread, NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING has demotivated me ever. I have had my fair share of failures in the kitchen between the age of 14 and 18. There was a time when my mom actually banned me from the kitchen just because whatever I was making during that time, was all eaten by the dust bin. But alas, today I'm older, wiser and also trained pretty well to follow and develop recipes and actually sell them and make a living out of this whole process. Trust me, if I hadn't stuck to baking, I'd be working in an office, then I would decide to quit one fine day and get back to baking. This pretty much happened btw. No regrets :)
I love how my life has turned out after 2016 when I took matters into my own hands and stopped caring about what others wanted me to do and how much others wanted me to earn out of what I was doing. It was boring, YAWN. But this is totally the opposite
These Nutella Sea Salt cookies are the BOMB! And the bonus is that they are eggless. They make for great gifts and also are an amazing pantry staple. I'd have this cookie instead of ordering dessert any given day.
Nutella by itself is really too sweet in my opinion. So I have added salt to these teeny tiny dollops of Nutella to balance the sweetness. They are going to be stuffed into our super delicious and versatile cookie dough. Then we'll top them off with chunks of chocolate that will only make this already gorgeous cookie look stunning.
So here's how you make these Eggless Nutella Stuffed Cookies:
First of all, gather all your ingredients.
Ingredients (Makes 24 Cookies) :
Nutella - as required
Seasalt - to sprinkle and taste
1/2 cup butter(unsalted)
1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Milk
1 tbsp Yoghurt
1 3/4 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Milk Chocolate - as much as your heart desires
1. Put Nutella into a piping bag and pipe out small mounds of it on a cling wrap/ silicon mat. You can also use a spoon instead if you don't have a tad bit of OCD like I do.
2. Sprinkle it with sea salt, don't be shy, use quite a bit. Then Freeze it.
3. Cream the room temperature butter, sugar, and yoghurt using a whisk. Whisk till the colour goes a little pale. I find adding yoghurt in this stage to be really helpful. The yoghurt will keep your cookies from going too hard.
4. Then add the milk and mix again.
5. Switch over to a spatula and add flour, salt, and baking powder and fold it in carefully. Use your hands if you need to. Chill the cookie dough for 15 minutes.
6. Portion the cookie dough and stuff it with the frozen salted Nutella discs.
7. Top it off with some chopped chocolate of your choice.
8. Bake at 170-degree celsius for 12-15 mins till they are golden brown.
9. Cool them on a wire rack and store in an airtight jar.
They stay fresh for up to a week in an airtight jar. Don't forget to make a big batch and store the leftover dough in your freezer. Use them in case someone visits you suddenly or when you're craving something sweet.
Leave any questions that you might have in the comments section below, I'd love to answer your queries.